Leadership programmes for nursing students: what are my options?
We look at the programmes that nurture and develop the profession’s future leaders by teaching practical leadership skills early on in nursing degree studies
Nursing students on clinical placements are often described as the eyes and ears on the ground – and with their up-to-date learning and fresh perspective, they have a great deal to contribute.
But how can students make their voices heard and learn the leadership skills that will help them make a difference, both as students and in their careers?
Developing leadership skills early on in nursing studies
Leadership programmes are often seen as the preserve of senior nurses – those who have a few years’ experience under their belt and who are looking to move
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests