How to handle negative feedback
The desire to do well in assignments and practice placement can make criticism hard to take. Heres how to cope and accept less favourable comments as an essential part of the learning process
It is worth spending time reflecting on the expectations you set yourself. Hopefully, your aim is to be the best nurse you can be. But there is a reason that your course is the length it is. The skills and aptitude needed to become a proficient nurse take time to master, therefore it is only to be expected that you may not get everything right first time.
When you put pressure on yourself to achieve top marks in everything you do you are setting yourself up to fail. This is especially true in healthcare, as...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests