Becoming a dad during a pandemic – and the final year of a nursing degree
Born during lockdown, baby Freddie is helping me learn how to balance studying and family life
On 6 December at 10.36pm, my wife Fran and I welcomed our beautiful baby boy into the world.
Freddie Charles Jude Richardson arrived open-eyed and full of energy. Seeing my son for the first time filled me with love; we had waited three years for this little miracle, and everything changed the moment I saw his face.
‘Not an average pregnancy’
I think it’s fair to say that 2020 has had its ups and downs; Freddie was conceived during the first national lockdown and born during the second one, so we haven’t exactly had an average pregnancy.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests