Acute care is a great place to learn your craft
Starting your career on the front line of nursing involves challenges – but also chances to make a difference at a critical time
Nursing is one of the most rewarding career paths anyone could take. The opportunities for career development are seemingly endless.
As you start out, select your first job carefully. Take time to research the organisation, the service, the team and what they represent. Choose a workplace where you will be supported to consolidate your years of learning and become a confident, competent and compassionate nurse.
There are many preceptorship programmes available, and these will offer the support and guidance you need to develop and grow. Don’t be in a rush; take time...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests