Ten tips to help nursing students make the most of placements
Clinical placements are a valuable part of your nursing training, so take advantage of all the opportunities
As clinical placements make up 50% of your nursing degree, you will spend a lot of time in clinical settings as a nursing student.
Each placement will be different and you may enjoy some placements more than others.
Passing your placements is important so that you can progress through your training, but clinical placements also offer a wealth of learning opportunities. Getting as much out of a placement as possible is vital for your development, whichever area of nursing you are studying.
Here are my top ten tips for getting the most out of your clinical placements:
1. Take advantage of every learning opportunity
Be nosy and say yes to seeing and doing new things. Students are not...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests