Make the most of every placement – even if it’s not your top choice
Placements may not always be in your preferred specialty or department, but every one will help you become a better nurse, says third-year student Ian Griffiths
As I begin the final part of my journey as a nursing student, I find myself looking back on two years of training and placements, sometimes wondering how I’ve managed to get this far.
I’ve absorbed so much information, but I still worry if I’m learning enough, experiencing enough and whether I’ve made full use of all the opportunities that have been presented to me.
It has been great to hear about my fellow students’ placements, the things they have seen and done. Some have been in nursing specialties I may not get the chance to experience as a student, which is why it is good to share our stories....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests