CPD Webinar: Nursing and the Menopause in the Workplace
Worth two hours CPD, this free webinar discusses menopause in the workplace, offering practical advice and ideas on building a workplace which actively engages with peri-menopause and menopause, to everyone’s benefit.
With women making up the majority of the healthcare workforce and 85% of women experiencing symptoms of the menopause ranging from mild to severe, failure to address the menopause as a workplace issue can be catastrophic, both for nurses personally, and for long term staff retention.
This is no longer a topic for whispered conversations but something for which open and strategic discussion stands to vastly improve quality of life and working conditions.
Designed to support women as individuals and healthcare workers as employees, this informative and practical webinar will provide up-to-the-minute guidance on symptom treatment and awareness, and create a supportive environment to consider how to build a workplace which actively engages with peri-menopause and menopause.
The second in our two-part CPD webinar series on menopause looked at the latest guidance on menopause treatment and symptom awareness.
- Watch the CPD webinar: Part one: Supporting Patients with the Menopause
This webinar took place on Thursday 21st July 2022.
Watch it on-demand at a time that suits you, and add two hours CPD into your RCNi Revalidation Portfolio.
- Nursing Standard podcast: Is it work-related fatigue or the menopause? A nurse’s guide
- CPD test your knowedge quiz with certificate on the menopause
- CPD article: The menopause: symptoms, treatments and implications for women’s health and well-being
- CPD article: Improving recognition and support for women experiencing the menopause
- Nursing through menopause: why reasonable adjustments might help
- Diagnostic overshadowing: the menopause and mental health
- Menopause: shift work and long hours exacerbate symptoms
This event was sponsored by Stella, A.Vogel, Vitabiotics and Peppy Health.