CPD Webinar: Learning Disability Practice 2022
Free CPD webinar for nurses on the future of learning disability nursing, worth two hours CPD, discussing innovation in learning disability nursing.
Brought to you by specialist nursing journal Learning Disability Practice, this timely webinar examines the future of learning disability nursing from discussing the newly implemented integrated care systems, the importance of nurse well-being, to the evolving scope for complex and varied careers in this sector.
This CPD webinar will help you:
- Learn more about the learning disability nurses’ role in integrated care systems which came into operation in England in July 2022
- Inspire your practice and career development by hearing from innovative learning disability nurses, including this year’s RCN Nursing Awards winner Gerard Wainwright
- Improve your own well-being, with advice on nurturing your own mental health, taking time for self-care, and how to speak out when disagreements arise
Return to work informed, inspired and enthused about your speciality, and find out how nurses can make a positive contribution to the transformation of this dynamic field of practice.
This webinar took place on Thursday 3 November 2022.
Watch it on-demand at a time that suits you, and add two hours CPD into your RCNi Revalidation Portfolio.
- Editorial: Integrated care systems: will the most vulnerable lose out?
- Feature: Why I became a learning disability nurse – and how it inspires me
- Feature: Dysphagia: what learning disability nurses need to know
- Learning module: Improving care for people with learning disabilities
- Learning module: Making a decision on behalf of a person who lacks capacity
- Learning module: Changing role of family carers of people with learning disabilities
- News: More needs to be done to recruit learning disability nurses
- News: Nurses’ work stress can trigger ‘catastrophic loss of self-esteem’
This event was sponsored by Health Education England (HEE) and NHS England and NHS Improvement.