Checks to do before submission
Before submitting your article, please check carefully:
- Have you checked the spelling using a UK spell-check program?
- Have you checked statistical calculations?
- Have you had a friend or colleague read the article for clarity and sense?
- Are the references in the reference list complete and in style?
- If you have rewritten or edited the copy, do you need to take out references from, or add any to, the reference list?
- Have you included all the information for any boxes, tables or figures?
- Are boxes, tables and figures cited in the text?
- Do you need to include photographs or other illustrations?
- Have you gained the necessary permission to reprint photographs?
- Are the photographs good enough quality and size?
- Have you declared any potential conflict of interest?
If you answer 'Yes' to all the above questions, your article is ready for the next stage.