What to expect on placement with a research and development team
Learning how clinical trials are managed offers insights into applying medical ethics in a real-world setting, and multidisciplinary team working
As part of my pre-registration Master’s degree in adult nursing, I completed a six-week placement with the research and development team at NHS Fife in in March 2022.
I have always been interested in research and before starting my nurse training I spent five days at the Anne Rowling Regenerative Neurology Clinic, a clinical research facility at the University of Edinburgh.
Learning the fundamentals of research nursing
This gave me valuable insight into research nursing and the role of the research nurse, with the nurses at the clinic talking me through the fundamentals, including consent, ethics, and
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests