What to expect from a clinical placement in a care home
This setting offers students the chance to develop core skills in a nurse-led environment and deliver person-centred care to people with complex needs
What is care home nursing?
Care home nursing offers the perfect opportunity for registered nurses to use their knowledge and skills to provide person-centred nursing care in a homely setting.
As our population ages, many care homes will be providing nursing care to older people with frailty and complex needs. Other care homes with nursing specialise in supporting those who have acquired brain injury or live with complex needs associated with lifelong disability.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests