From vaccinations to STIs and COPD: the placement for one-to-one patient care
General practice demands a range of clinical skills and, crucially, a person-centred approach
General practice nurses have a hugely influential role in the shift from a reactive to a preventative healthcare model – and that’s a big part of what drew me to request a placement in a GP surgery.
I am currently on placement in a large medical practice. This is my hub placement for the whole of the second year of my adult nursing degree course and I will be here for 23 weeks.
Public health theory fired my interest in primary care
I first became interested in primary care when I completed a theory module on public health in my first year.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests