Take some time out to reflect
Engaging in the online revalidation process gave Stella Gay a sense of achievement and pride, and was surprisingly straightforward.Abstract
As a participant in the revalidation pilot at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, I began the process by registering online at the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) website.
I familiarised myself with the revalidation requirements using the NMC document How to Revalidate with the NMC and the guide supplied by my trust. I also attended one of several revalidation workshops held by the trust.
To revalidate, NMC registrants need to provide evidence that shows they remain fit to practise. I collated evidence of my continuing professional development (CPD) using the NMC template.
Where relevant I included attendance certificates or written evidence of attendance at meetings and conferences. Other CPD evidence included undertaking a conference presentation, individual e-learning and mandated training specific to my scope...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests