Principles of Nursing Practice
The Principles of Nursing Practice are a set of eight statements describing safe and effective nursing care. They apply to all nursing staff and discuss aspects of behaviour and attitude, which underpin good nursing care. They were published in 2010 and are endorsed by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), and the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Nursing Standard commisioned a series that describe the development of the Principles of Nursing Practice initiative. The individual articles are available to read below, and they are also available as a printed guide for 10 plus 1.90 p&p.
Principles of Nursing Practice: development and implementation This...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests