Nursing abroad: case study
Profile: Frederica is a registered nurse who has accumulated a small number of practice hours at a large UK hospital. Frederica has moved home to Italy but still practises as a nurse. She would like to return to the UK in several years and would like to practise as a nurse when she does.
Frederica wants to know:
Is there any way that practice hours from other European Union countries would contribute to my portfolio?
The hours that Frederica accumulates during her nursing in Italy count towards practice hours for revalidation.
Who would confirm me back in Italy?
Frederica could get confirmation from her manager at the UK hospital in which she accumulated practice hours. She could also get confirmation from her current line manager in Italy.
Frederica will have to ensure that she is registered with her country’s regulatory organisation.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests