Don’t be scared of the revalidation process
Colin Ramage has gone through the new revalidation activities at a pilot site. He recounts how he found the experience.Abstract
I qualified as a nurse in 2003 and started my career on a thoracic surgery unit at Guy’s Hospital, London. I worked there until 2013. During my time on the wards, I found mentoring students particularly rewarding and this prompted me to complete a post-graduate certificate in practice education, which means I am now also a nurse teacher registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
First published in print in Nursing Management: volume 22, issue 4.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests