Big lessons in revalidation from Welsh pilot
Most participants in a huge pilot in Wales coped well with the new system – but for some, it was a struggle. Alison Moore reports.Abstract
A huge revalidation pilot at Aneurin Bevan Health Board in Wales – more than 800 staff embarked on the process in February – has delivered important lessons for other organisations and individual registrants about what to expect when they begin the process.
When it comes to revalidation pilots, they don’t come any bigger than the one at Aneurin Bevan University Health Board in Wales.
Nearly a quarter of the board’s nurses have now gone through the revalidation process, and the senior nurse on the revalidation team, Carolyn Middleton, is delighted with the uptake.
All nurses who were required to submit their three-yearly notification of practice form in the first nine months of this year were invited to join the pilot....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests