Be prepared for revalidation
The NMC is expected to approve the new revalidation system next month. David Foster explains how to prepare – and why it shouldn’t feel like hard work.Abstract
Revalidation aims to build a culture of continuous improvement. This article seeks to dispel the mystery that still surrounds the new system and explains what nurses and midwives need to do.
Revalidation is important to all of us. It is the new process being introduced by the Nursing and Midwifery Council that all nurses and midwives will have to undertake every three years to ensure they continue to practise safely and effectively throughout their careers.
It builds on the current system of UK nursing regulation, post-registration education and practice (PREP), but goes further: it aims to build a culture of professionalism and continuous improvement – it is not just about staying on the register.
For some, revalidation still...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests