Blog: Halfway through my placement, I've fallen in love with primary care
Second year nursing student Claire Carmichael finds that the skills and experience gained at her general practice placement have exceeded her expectations
I am half way through my eight-week placement in general practice and I genuinely never want to leave. This is a feeling I have not had during previous placements. I have fallen in love with general practice nursing, just as I knew I would.
I am learning more than I had ever imagined and this placement has completely exceeded all my expectations. My mentor is fantastic. She encourages my learning, embraces change, is always looking for a better way of doing things and asks for my advice.
Part of the team
In fact, the whole practice is lovely. I feel like part of a team here. Additionally, I am not referred to as ‘the student’. The staff...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests