Book review: Eradicating Female Genital Mutilation: A UK Perspective
Eradicating Female Genital Mutilation: A UK Perspective
£25.00 | 358pp
The author of this book is a well-known activist in the field of women’s rights and in particular female genital mutilation (FGM). Her style is at times confrontational and challenging, but this makes the book thought provoking and memorable.
The author has explored the cultures and belief systems linked to FGM and discusses whether our partial acceptance of these beliefs as an explanation is the reason that there has been no successful prosecutions and that victims are still slow in coming forward.
The author gives us the solutions to ending FGM in the next decade, however she says the political (with a small and large ‘p’) must be there for this to happen.
The book is in a easy-to-read style and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests