Yvonne Coghill: Grenfell Tower nurse makes me proud of our profession
Simone Williams, one of the first nurses on the scene at the Grenfell Tower fire, worked through the night to help those affected. Her selflessness, kindness and caring are an inspiration to us all, says Yvonne Coghill
On 31 October, the last day of Black History Month, we held the second Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) conference in London.
The conference was a great reminder that the NHS is made up of people from many different backgrounds, but who all have one thing in common – our desire to care. Early feedback shows it was a successful event, which we are delighted about.
One of the keynote speakers was Simone Williams, a community palliative care nurse at University College Hospital in London,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests