District nursing: how to launch and maintain a successful night service
A community night nursing service is helping ease pandemic pressures on a local healthcare system
Our new community night nursing service is playing a vital role in supporting acute care colleagues through COVID-19.
These fantastic night nurses are helping more people stay out of hospital, facilitating early discharges and supporting patients to remain at home, at a time of unprecedented strain on the healthcare system.
With nearly 40 years’ experience as a nurse, I’m clinical lead for a new night nursing service that started last September as part of a community service contract between Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust and Virgin Care , my employer.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests