COVID-19: we must not forget the vital role community nurses play during lockdown
Community nurses are tenacious and find solutions to constant challenges – but not at the price of their own health and well-being
This latest lockdown is a further challenge to our already stretched health and social care system. Our acute colleagues are under unprecedented pressures, and this is equally the case for community nurses.
Community services, including hospices, have been reconfigured to meet local needs, with many nurses working in different roles. Such reconfiguration, the loss of capital and diminished funding could potentially have a long-term impact on community provision.
Nurses are exhausted, overwhelmed,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests