Essential bowel care advice for nurses
The RCN has published new guidance on the assessment, treatment and management of lower bowel dysfunction
Bowel care is an area of patient care that is frequently overlooked.
Many people can find it difficult to admit to bowel problems, the RCN says.
Charity Bowel and Bladder UK says that 10% of adults may experience bowel incontinence, with 1 to 2% reporting major symptoms. Constipation affects about 20% of the population . These symptoms can have a major impact on quality of life.
Guidance on the assessment, treatment and management...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests