Care home charter aims to improve medicines management
The Patients Association charter promotes shared decision-making
Many care home residents have complex needs and receive multiple medications, making medicines management an important safety issue.
UK research shows that residents are prescribed an average of eight medications and 70% have experienced at least one medication error.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests