The path to recovery: a nurse’s account of her battle with cancer
Community nurse Sue Shaw has written a book about her experiences as a person with cancer and her path to recovery
A community nurse who was diagnosed with breast cancer more than two years ago has published a book about her experiences as a patient and her path to recovery.
Sue Shaw, who is based in Salisbury, Wiltshire, was diagnosed in June 2015 and has since had three operations, six rounds of chemotherapy and three weeks of radiotherapy.
In a bid to raise awareness of the disease and money for charity, she has written a book about her experience as a patient and her journey from discovering she had cancer to the recovery stage.
‘Felt different as a patient’
‘Initially I was embarrassed to talk about my condition, which is quite surprising given I have been a nurse for more than...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests