Diabetes: preparation of insulin syringes for home use
Guidance highlights issues that must be addressed in pre-loading insulin syringes for later use by someone with diabetes
More people than ever have diabetes, with the charity Diabetes UK estimating that by 2025 more than 5 million people could have the condition.
Around 90% have type 2. Everyone with type 1 diabetes – and some with type 2 – needs to take insulin.
While innovative solutions have meant more people with diabetes who need insulin can find an insulin pen delivery device that suits them, for a small number this is not possible.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests