Standardised nursing uniforms: what do you want to wear to work?
An NHS consultation could see an end to the plethora of colours and styles used across hospital and community settings in England
- The current system can be confusing for patients, with many different colours and styles worn by nurses at different trusts across the country
- Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland introduced national uniforms for nurses years ago, and NHS Supply Chain proposes a similar change for England
- The uniform options that may be appropriate for staff in different settings, and how the consultation will work
Deciphering whos who in healthcare is a perennial problem, with patients and staff often confused by the multitude of uniform colours and styles.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Enjoy 1 month's access for £1 and get:
- Full access to primary healthcare.com
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal