Specialist multiple sclerosis service set to expand
NeuroResponse is a specialist nurse-led telehealth service for multiple sclerosis (MS) patients and is the brainchild of Bernadette Porter, the NHS’s first MS nurse consultant. The service, based at University College London Hospital (UCLH), is used by around 3,000 patients a year. It is now being extended.
The NeuroResponse service has been selected as one of 17 innovative healthcare projects to receive expansion support as part of the NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) programme.
‘The model we have at the moment works well in one centre but I believe in equity,’ says Ms Porter, MS nurse consultant and NeuroResponse clinical lead. ‘Every patient with MS should have access to this service and that is why I want to take this model forward.
Bernadette Porter, the NHS’s first multiple sclerosis nurse consultant, using the NeuroScience service. Picture credit: Mark Hakansson
‘Through the support of the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests