Nurse practitioner who took the lead sees her practice rated outstanding by CQC
When nurse practitioner Carol Sears took on the lease of the practice in which she worked, she had no idea of where the journey would lead.
She made the decision after the GP partners moved on, and ten years later, the nurse-led Cuckoo Lane Practice in Hanwell, west London, is attracting praise and was recently rated outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Nurse practitioner Carol Sears, left, with client
Inspectors highlighted a number of areas of outstanding practice including the targeted treatment for people with mental illness, which has enabled 19 patients who had been receiving treatment in secondary care to access treatment from the local practice instead.
Operating under an Alternative Provider Medical Services contract, the practice was also commended by the regulator for being ‘particularly responsive to the needs of the local community’ and for providing ‘a safe, caring, effective and well-led...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests