Neurological conditions: a symptom-by-symptom guide for nurses
How to care for a patient who has signs and symptoms that may require investigation
- Neurological conditions make up a significant proportion of emergency admissions and GP consultations
- NICE guidance explains the signs and symptoms nurses should look out for in patients
- Read a clinical nurse specialist’s practical advice
Suspected neurological conditions, excluding stroke, account for about 10% of UK emergency admissions. A similar proportion of GP consultations relate to neurological problems.
people in the UK are affected by a neurological problem
(Source: Brain and Spine Foundation )
Yet diagnosis can be difficult. A survey by the Neurological Alliance found that almost one third of respondents made five or more...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests