England’s chief nurse plans new strategy
Chief nursing officer for England Jane Cummings. Picture: David Gee
Over the next few weeks, chief nursing officer for England Jane Cummings and her team will draw up the first draft of a new nursing and midwifery strategy.
The draft strategy is set to be presented to around 500 senior nurses attending the chief nurse’s annual two-day summit in Birmingham next month (December 1-2). The nurses from hospitals, clinical commissioning groups, community providers and other bodies providing nursing care as well as academics and patient representatives will be asked for their feedback on the draft strategy.
Before then, those wanting to input can respond to six questions set out by NHS England. The final strategy is expected to be launched in March next year.
The engagement phase runs until mid-November. Nurses wanting to take part can respond to the six questions:
- What has
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests