Cardiovascular risk post-COVID: how to improve patient outcomes
What nurses can do to help reduce excess deaths from heart disease – and the importance of spotting signs of heart failure at the earliest opportunity
- The UK’s heart health is now a major public health concern thanks to COVID-19 and its impact not just on the heart, but on healthcare itself
- Prevalence of heart failure was increasing before coronavirus, and that trend continues, posing challenges for struggling services
- One positive legacy of the pandemic has been developments in telehealth– find out how to harness these for patients with heart disease
COVID-19 has had a profound impact on the heart health of the nation.
From COVID-related heart damage to
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests