Back pain: how to combat it if you have it, and prevent it if you don’t
The right moving and handling equipment, exercise and organisational culture will help you avoid the lower back problems that can seem inevitable in nursing
- Expert advice from physiotherapists on how to care for your back
- Moving and handling should be valued as a complex clinical skill requiring appropriate equipment and training
- Tips for nurse managers on ensuring staff safety and well-being
There is a plethora of statistics relating to back injuries and all the numbers point in one direction: chronic back pain is common and costly – to individuals, employers and health services.
And staff working in health and social care are at particular risk. The charity BackCare
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests