The nurse-led chronic wounds service where lower limbs are the highest priority
‘Lack of priority given to leg ulcers is a scandal’: centre leader puts an impassioned case for how her team’s distinctive approach can transform patient outcomes
- Management of leg ulcers is too often suboptimal, with catastrophic consequences for individuals
- Read how the distinctive approach of a nurse-led chronic lower limb wound and lymphoedema service is transforming lives
- Learn from the experts – find out how to make the most of compression therapy. Plus other tips for improving outcomes
When Hayley Turner-Dobbin reflects on the value of the service provided by her employer, there’s one particular patient who comes to mind. A woman who had incurable bowel cancer had come to Accelerate CIC, the London-based specialist service for wound and lymphoedema care,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests