District nursing’s survival is vital to a modern healthcare system
Once predicted to be facing ‘extinction’ by the RCN, is the value of nursing in the community starting to be recognised? A new think tank aims to find out.
- Despite a greater commitment to district nursing, numbers are still down
- Wales wants to extend safe staffing legislation in district and community nursing and health visiting
- Think tank the International Community Nursing Observatory has been launched to communicate the value of district nursing
Five years ago, the RCN warned that district nursing was facing ‘extinction’ by 2025 as staff numbers were declining so alarmingly. Despite successive governments pledging to shift the focus of care from hospital to community,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests