What is a senior addiction nurse – and could you be one?
Senior addiction nurse Linda Doonan on the provision of evidence-based treatment and care to those experiencing alcohol and drug misuse issues
Senior addiction nurses deliver evidence-based treatment and care to those experiencing alcohol and drug misuse issues.
We provide a range of harm reduction interventions and treatment approaches, including medication-assisted therapy and detoxification.
What does the role involve?
Senior addiction nurses manage their own caseload, adopting a person-centred approach to develop a treatment plan that best meets the needs of the patient.
At an initial assessment, information is gathered on when and how the patient’s alcohol and substance misuse issues developed, how these are affecting the patient’s life, and what their short, medium and long-term
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests