Director of community service and lymphoedema
Caitriona O’Neill talks about her work with Accelerate, a wound and lymphoedema community interest company
What is your job?
Director of community service and lymphoedema for Accelerate , a wound and lymphoedema community interest company based in East London.
Where did you train?
Ardkeen Hospital Waterford, now known as Waterford Regional Hospital, in the Republic of Ireland, from 1990 to 1993.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
Lymphoedema is a poorly recognised condition and there is inequity in service provision. Yet the condition can have a massive impact on people’s lives. Our organisation is in the privileged position to be a social enterprise, so we can be responsive and flexible in meeting our patients’ needs. We are constantly working towards improving the clinical pathway to aim for better outcomes....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests