'Be brave for your patients'
Health lead for the NWG National Response Team, Ray McMorrow on how nursing was a natural vocation to enter.
What is your job?
I am the health lead for the NWG National Response Team for tackling child sexual exploitation (CSE). We are a charity, though the response team are government funded. We are a team of multi-disciplinary professionals who support and advise on all issues in relations to CSE and I work closely with the NHS, RCN and medical colleges.
I develop tools, strategic policy, and work on a prevention, protection, disclosure and therapeutic help for young people. I’m also involved in a safeguarding reviews such as serious case reviews.
I am a mental health and learning disabilities nurse and was also the designated nurse for safeguarding children nurse before taking up this post three years ago.
How did you...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests