Why every nurse should embrace the potential of digital technology
Information management is fundamental to nursing, which is why computers are a powerful allyNursing requires information to be coordinated – which is what computers are for Picture: iStock
If there has been one positive from the COVID-19 crisis, it has been the rapid implementation of digital technology to support nurses in doing their jobs, believes University of Huddersfield professor of nursing and health informatics Nick Hardiker.
What’s more, the pandemic has underlined the need for nurses to make full use of information technologies, but to play their part in designing and developing them too.
‘Health informatics is my subject, but I’m a nurse, first and foremost’
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Primary Health Care
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests