Newly qualified nurses in primary care: making sure you get the support you need
How newly registered nurses in primary care are nurtured to get their careers off to the best possible start
The transition from student to newly registered nurse can be stressful, with the responsibility and accountability that come with being a qualified nurse among the key challenges.
Proper support and guidance in the workplace is crucial to making this transition a success, and quality preceptorship programmes are essential in ensuring newly registered nurses have the best possible start to their careers.
Structured transition that nurtures competence and confidence
Preceptorship should be a structured period of transition,
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Enjoy 1 month's access for £1 and get:
- Full access to primary healthcare.com
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal