I’m more used to picketing, but now I’ll fight for nursing students inside the RCN
Amy Fancourt explains what drives her passion to represent fellow students on the RCN council
#Hellomynameis Amy and I have recently taken up a new role as the student member of the RCN council.
I am an MSc student in my second year, studying adult and mental health nursing at City University, London. Before starting my degree, I worked as a healthcare assistant on an acute mental health ward and as a support worker for adults in the community, as well as doing volunteer work in Calais, Uganda and Cambodia.
I decided to put myself forward for this role because I feel passionately that a key to positive change in healthcare is to improve and invest in the education of nurses and healthcare practitioners, domestically and globally.
‘I decided to turn my frustrations with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests