Children’s nursing: Caring from the first moments
Children’s nursing offers a wealth of career opportunities. Senior lecturer at De Montfort University Doreen Crawford outlines some of the options available for nurses who want to specialise in this field
Children’s nursing offers many opportunities to grow and develop your career. More or less anything that is available to nurses in the adult, learning disability and mental health fields is also available for children’s nurses, but there is so much more besides. How many nurses on adult wards get to kick off a medicines round with a game of hide-and-seek in a play room, for example?
A great start is so important. I tell my students, as they prepare to qualify, that their learning starts now. It is not as though you will jump straight from the classroom to extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests