Gastroenterology placement: what nursing students can expect
It’s a specialty where you will develop core clinical and non-clinical skills, while learning from clinical nurse specialists and the multidisciplinary team
Gastrointestinal nursing services offer excellent multidisciplinary learning experiences for nursing students.
Gastroenterology is a hugely diverse specialty, offering students the opportunity to learn from expert nurses about a variety of gastrointestinal conditions.
There are many learning opportunities available, yet a lack of understanding of the specialty means these are often not fully appreciated.
What is gastroenterology?
So what is gastroenterology and what can you expect from a placement in this setting?
Gastroenterology focuses on the care of the digestive system. It covers a variety of conditions, such as inflammatory
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests