The compassionate care given in abortion clinics is what nursing is all about
Six-week Marie Stopes placements can help nursing students understand non-judgemental care
In September 2019, Marie Stopes UK welcomed its first cohort of adult nursing students for a six-week clinical placement at its west London centre.
This is the first time a placement has been available in an abortion clinic and the timing could not be better; new guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), published the same month, recommended that ‘trainee healthcare professionals and students who may care for women who request an abortion should have the chance to gain experience in abortion services during their training’.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests