What is personalised care and why is it so important?
Advice for nursing students on developing and practising person-centred care and shared decision-making, and the importance of asking patients ‘what matters to you?’
Adopting a personalised approach to care is vital for delivering positive health outcomes, improving the patient experience and enhancing job satisfaction for health professionals.
Nursing students are the next generation of leaders and have a real opportunity to not only engage with but to drive forward the personalised care agenda – and to inspire your colleagues to do the same.
What is personalised care?
Personalised care simply means patients having more control and choice over the way their care is planned and delivered. It is about considering individual needs, preferences and circumstances and helping people to
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests