Revalidation support for agency workers
Some agency nurses may feel they are on their own as they get ready for revalidation, but it does not have to be that way. Alison Moore reports.Abstract
Revalidation presents particular challenges for agency nurses who work in different settings and may lack support. Enlightened agencies are helping staff to prepare.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council last month voted to approve revalidation, the new process that nurses and midwives will have to undergo every three years to renew their registration.
While all nurses will be affected, the process may feel particularly daunting for agency staff, who do not have a main NHS employer.
Nurses who work full-time for an agency are unlikely to have the resources of an organisation behind them, with an appraisal system and a line manager to support them through the process. Nor are they likely to have a human resources department...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests