Reflective account – Minor traumatic wounds
A CPD article improved Emily Davis’ knowledge of minor traumatic wounds and their management
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article focused on the management of minor traumatic wounds. It provided an overview of the techniques used in the care of patients with minor wounds, and discussed the recommended anaesthetic agents when debriding and irrigating wound beds. The article considered the benefits of using staples, sutures and glue, with the aim of reducing scar formation.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article emphasised the importance of understanding the anatomy and physiology of the skin to ascertain if damage has occurred to surrounding structures, such as nerves, muscles or tendons.
It explained how each layer...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests