Reflective account – In-hospital resuscitation
A CPD article improved Abby Morrow-Barnes’ knowledge of how to recognise and respond to adults in cardiac arrest.
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
This CPD article explored the Resuscitation Council UK guidelines for in-hospital resuscitation and considered their application to practice.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article listed the resuscitation equipment required in emergency situations, which reminded me what each piece of equipment is for and how to use it.
It included the in-hospital resuscitation algorithm, which outlined the steps that must be taken when a patient has collapsed or is unwell. I am now aware of the immediate actions required in these situations.
I have learned about the different components of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests