A CPD article improved Toni McIntosh’s understanding of how mindfulness can be used to enhance compassionate care.
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice ?
The CPD article discussed mindfulness and self-compassion, and how these concepts can improve nurses’ well-being and their ability to provide compassionate care.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article stated that the aim of mindfulness practice is to develop a non-judgemental awareness of the present moment. The article helped me to understand how mindfulness relates to self-compassion, and how this can enhance compassionate care.
I recently experienced a period of anxiety and depression, which resulted in me taking time off work. When I returned to work, I remained anxious at times because...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests